The Institute is organized into five Departments to lead and direct its important work for forging consensus and cultivating ideas for modernizing Russia. The Departments organize expert panels, conduct research and develop recommendations on the economic, social, political and international policy issues confronting Russia and its citizens. Each Department is guided by an accomplished expert in the field.
Russia's national projects on education, healthcare, affordable housing, agricultural development and demographic sustainability are designed to establish the foundation for very significant improvements in the lives of Russian citizens. The Institute's Department for the Implementation of National Projects and Demographic Policy provides expert support for state initiatives aimed implementing the national projects and promoting effective demographic policies. In particular, the Department is tasked with identifying strategies for ensuring implementation of Russia’s national projects with maximum efficiency. Priority projects for the Department include:
- Providing expert support for the Strategy of the Healthcare System Development to 2020.
- Implementing targeted activities on the government’s new housing policy.
- Providing assistance for the implementation of the Concept for Demographic Policy in Russia to 2025.
The goal of the Institute’s Public Policy Department is to form expert opinions and recommendations on the civil and political issues. The Department is focused on creating a favorable environment for development of civil and political freedoms, establishing modern state and public institutions and ensuring rule of law in Russia. It also studies the development of the civil society and its relationship with the state. Other priorities of the Public Policy Department’s agenda are:
- Local self-governance.
- Russia’s legislative system.
- Public policy on key political and socio economic issues.
- Development of the civil society and the public initiatives.
The Institute’s Information Society Development Department identifies opportunities and challenges for transforming Russia into a knowledge-based economy. The Department focuses on broad macroeconomic trends to support this transition as well as more targeted initiatives such as the development of special economic zones and the creation of technology. The Department employs an interdisciplinary approach to its work, analyzing how the development of an information economy will impact Russians’ quality of life, from education and healthcare to housing and public services. The Department also supports initiatives to promote information and communications technologies across all of Russia’s regions. Priority projects for the Information Society Department include:
- Support for implementation of the Strategy for the Development of the Russian Information Society
- Development of technoparks.
- Russian IT foresight.
- Incorporation of IT in National Priority Projects.
The Social and Economic Development Department’s mission is to foster efficient communications between society and the government to improve socio-economic concerns and quality of life of the Russian people. A key objective of the Department is to provide favorable environment for the development of a strong middle class, which is crucial to building a truly democratic society, a globally competitive economy and an efficient government. Priorities for the Institutes Social-Economic Department aimed at supporting the development of the middle class include:
- High-quality continuing professional education.
- Expanding investment opportunities for individuals.
- Development of competitive and demonopolized economy.
- Accessible borrowing mechanisms and lowering administrative barriers for small business.
- Analyze initiatives for a pension reform.
- Modern, accessible healthcare system.
The Institute’s International Development Department specializes in international issues and their impact on the interests of the Russian Federation and its citizens. The Department focuses on foreign policies and international economic affairs that directly affect the lives and livelihood of the average Russian citizen.
Specific initiatives of the International Department include how to:
- Align Russia’s trans-border cooperation with the interest of its regions and citizens.
- More effectively support Russian companies’ international expansion and trade.
- Greater cooperation between Russia and its CIS neighbors.
- Enhanced and strengthen relations with other countries around the world.
To advance its work, the International Department actively engages with institutes and organizations abroad, which share a common interest in promoting dialogue.
Public Relations Department